Don’t Give Up Motivational Poem by Jeff Bresee!
At 70, I gave up reading poetry and attempting to write it. At 77, I was diagnosed with cancer and do not really know how long I have left. Instinctively, I turned back to poetry to ease the…
- Brave American Knight Motivational Poem
- Success Motivational Poem By Niderah
- I Am Every Woman Motivational Poem
- Your Wounds Motivational Poem By Lauren Jarvis-Gibson
- Don’t Quit Motivational Poem By M. Tarun Prasad
- Be The Best Of Whatever You Are Motivational Poem
- Go With Grace Motivational Poem by Abimbola T. Alab
- Living The Journey Motivational Poem By Annanya
- Life And Love Motivational Poem By Julie Coburn
- I Am Worthy Motivational Poem By Alison Malee
Don’t Give Up Motivational Poem
We wait for what we long for.
We long for what we need.
Impatience and anxiety
Give root to errant deed,
Which grows to yield but heartache,
The fruit that poisons trust,
And so to shadow we recede
And hope descends to dust.
But somehow from the ashes
The will to try again
Doth mend the heart
And forge the path
In search of that one friend
Who never will betray us,
Who never will go astray.
But fear still lurks upon the thought
While waiting for that day.
We’ll simply stumble once again,
For we know not who to trust,
Thus thoughts becomes an enemy,
But conquer them we must.
For surely there is someone
Whether “Shining Knight” or “Bride.”
Then all shall have been worth it,
Our “Last Hope” justified.